Transnational corporations (TNCs), both foreign and native, in Mauritius may be affected by the following multilateral or regional agreements to which Mauritius is a party.
- Paris Convention for the Protection of Industrial Property of 20 March 1883, as amended and revised.
- Convention on the Settlement of Investment Disputes Between States and Nationals of Other States of 18 March 1965. Entered into force on 14 October 1966.
- Convention Establishing the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency of 11 October 1985. Entered into force on 12 April 1988.
- Fourth ACP-EEC Convention signed at LomÃ© on 15 December 1989, Official Journal L 229, 17/08/1991 p. 0003 €” 0280.
- Southern Africa Development Community (SADC), signed on 17 August, 1992; Source: http://www.sadc.int/about_sadc/history.php.
- Treaty Establishing the Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA), 1993.
- The Agreement on Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights, signed on 15 April 1994; in force on 1 January 1995.
- The General Agreement on Trade in Services, signed on 15 April 1994; in force on 1 January 1995. The Fourth Protocol to the General Agreement on Trade in Services of 15 February 1997. The Fifth Protocol to the General Agreement on Trade in Services of 12 December 1997.
- Partnership Agreement Between the Members of the African, Caribbean and Pacific Group of States of the one Part, and the European Community and Its Member States, of the Other Part, Signed in Cotonou, Benin on 23 June 2000.
- Indian Ocean Commission (IOC); Source: http://coi.intent.mu.
- Indian Ocean Rim Association for Regional Cooperation (IOR-ARC); Source: http://coi.intent.mu.
Source: World Investment Directory 2008: Africa by United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD)